Surface magazine interviewed me on winning the Artist Excellence Award at WADe Asia Awards 2019.
Art Soul Life magazine featured me in their December 2019 issue
The Earth Issue is a collective of artists and creative professionals working at the intersection of fine art and environmentalism. They featured my artwork titled “Samovar” in this article – https://www.theearthissue.com/artists/ritu-dua
My work with used tea bags and the story behind this unique art form was covered by Momspresso – https://www.momspresso.com/parenting/article/mumbai-based-ritu-dua-creates-beautiful-works-of-art-using-tea-bags
Momspresso is a multi topic content platform for moms by moms!
The Indian Women Blog published an article featuring my sustainable artwork created with used tea bags – http://www.indianwomenblog.org/brewing-creativity-with-sustainability-ritu-dua-makes-art-with-used-tea-bags/
My exhibition Between Brew and Bin – dedicated to Tea plantation workers held at Art2Day Gallery was covered by Pune’s Sakal Times – http://www.sakaltimes.com/art-culture/toast-tea-32765
The exhibition as well as my workshop “Deja Brew” was also covered by the Indian Women Blog here –http://www.indianwomenblog.org/trash-is-the-failure-of-imagination-ritu-dua-on-creating-art-through-used-teabags/ (Slight correction in the article, the line “… I stitched more than 1,00,000 teabags together.” should say a few thousand teabags instead of 1,00,000)
My installation at Kalaghoda Art Festival 2018 “Little Pockets Of Hope” got a mention on multiple sites online as well as newspapers.
It also found mention in Hindustan Times.
My installation “My Chai Tamaasha” was exhibited at Jaipur Art Summit, 2017 and it was also featured in 2 local newspapers – City Bhaskar and Patrika Plus
I was featured in one of U.A.E’s leading newspapers, Khaleej Times, where they wrote about artists who turn used teabags into art, like me – https://www.khaleejtimes.com/lifestyle/art-culture/why-these-artists-dont-toss-those-damp-teabags-in-the-trash
Kerosone Digital interviewed me, and it was amazing to get featured – http://www.kerosene.digital/meet-artist-transforming-favourite-cup-chai-art/
YourStory featured me in an article on their website, where I talked about my teabag art – https://yourstory.com/2017/04/ritu-dua/
My solo exhibition “Feelings 77”, a series of artwork on used teabags was well appreciated and found mention in various newspapers and magazines.
I was one of the performing artists at the Music-Art-Poetry Festival in November 2017, held at The Bombay Presidency Radio Club, and was featured by MTI News – http://mtinews.in/music-art-poetry-map-festival-kickstarts-its-first-club-chapter-in-mumbai-at-radio-club-colaba/
My story was published on Storified.me. Storified.me is a community of strong independent women who are self-driven and who have chosen to follow their heart.
I was one among the nine incredible women in Dubai featured in Good Housekeeping UAE in the Winter 2014/15 edition, highlighting one of my future plans to illustrate and publish a recipe book for children with special needs
“My Chai Tamaasha” my art installation created by using around one thousand five hundred reused teabags was appreciated during Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2016, Mumbai and was featured in The Hindustan Times.
Highlights in The Hindustan Times of Live Painting showcasing women empowerment at in collaboration with Era for Women at Urban Haat, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai
Dna 6th Nov. 2015 Navi Mumbai
My sketch and a poem “Scarred not Scared “in respect for the acid attack victims was published in the renowned Friday Magazine, Gulf News, Dubai.
Some moments from a workshop at Artry, Dubai.
I got an opportunity to hold a workshop on how to paint on teabags at The Address, Dubai Mall, Dubai.
The Woven Tale Press is a monthly e-magazine, a culling of the best of the creative web. The worldwide web is teeming with talent. Their mission is to highlight the blog post that otherwise may be buried in a blogger’s archives; the painting or photograph from an artist’s site worthy of greater focus than its singular web page; the funny, the offbeat.
The Art of Zentangling: Mindful Meditation –http://www.thewoventalepress.net/2013/12/21/zentangle-mindful-meditation/
‘News With Chai’ is a community service media powered by the people, for the people. Their expressed mission is to serve the social good.
Color, Tea Bags & A Lil’ Bit Of Love!
The Indian Trumpet is an e-magazine that captures the colour, culture and chaos of India that NRIs crave and miss, once every two months.
(You can read the e-magazines here – https://issuu.com/theindiantrumpet)
- “Mithai Tamasha” Recipe illustrations September-October 2013 Issue of e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- Poem “Bioscope” and Illustration, November-December 2013 Issue of e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- An article “Stand up for yourself” related to the gang rape in India during December 2013, January-February 2014 Issue of e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- An article “The Art of Zentangling-Mindful Meditation” , December 2013, Woven Press.
- “Kashmir” – a travelogue on the paradise on earth, January February 2014 Issue of e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Chai” illustrations with creative writing, March-April 2014 Issue of e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Ek Anek” Illustrations and creative writing, May June 2014 Issue of e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- An article on the popular Indian childhood game “Pitthu” May- June 2014 Issue of e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Maa” an article on the Indian mom as the super hero in every household, November- December 2014 Issue of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “The Wish Cow” an article on “Kamdhenu”…the holy cow from Hindu mythology, March- April 2015 issue of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “48 Hours in Delhi”…an informative travelogue on how to spend two days In Delhi constructively, May-June 2015 issue of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Colour of Life”… what colours mean to me and which one do I adore the most, July-Aug 2015 issue of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Solace in Colours”… My artwork carrying fragrances of a thousand lotuses July-Aug 2015 issue of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “My colour song”… My thoughts on why my India is my canvas and my box of paints too, July-Aug 2015 issue of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Mile Sur Mera Tumhara”…about the magnanimous composition of the unity of India that instills our heart with pride, Winter Edition 2015 of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Fevicol Ka jod”…about the unbreakable bond with Fevicol which is more than a glue, Winter Edition 2015 of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “They call me Rapunzel”…story about my own hair, Spring Edition Feb 2016 of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Matchbox Art”…About my childhood obsession for colourful matchboxes. Spring Edition Feb 2016 of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
- “Thank you, MA!” …Illustrations of recipes of pickles that my mother passed down to me. Summer Edition, May 2017 of the e-magazine The Indian Trumpet.
eFiction India is an international literary magazine with premium design featuring some of the best writers.
Poem “Dream Catchers” and illustration, Vol.02 Issue 03, December 2013 , eFiction India